Thursday, March 4, 2010

Puddle Jumper

Sitting at work one day while admiring the rain from the window, and mother and a pant-less child came into my view. When they entered the office I said some cheesy comment like "Oh, no pants friday huh?" (little kids really like these one-liners I come up with) the mother smiled . She explained to me, that while leaving the grocery store her son spotted a puddle in the parking lot. With quick little 2 yr old feet, he ran and jumped as high as he could landing, dead center, water EVERYWHERE. Onlookers laughed, and she couldn't help but to do so herself. After a few more splish-spashses, mom scooped up her child and realized he was soaked, and without a change of clothes handy, commando (diaper of course) was the only option. I asked timmy "Was that fun?" he answered with a beaming smile a immediate "Yeeeeessss" followed by the purest child giggle, the kind the touches your soul. I wished right there and then I could follow in suit. Run out the door and find the perfect puddle. I love the rain.

1 comment:

  1. Even more so I think you want to run around w/out pants on :)

    ReplyDelete