Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Warming Feet


As most of you may know, I am getting married this August, an idea that I'm still warming up to. Don't get me wrong, I cant wait, just the word husband is freaking me out. I can barely muster up the word fiance. When referring to Brad in conversations to those who don't know him, I find myself debating in my head wether to say 'boyfriend' or 'fiance'. He is after all my fiance, but (again with 'the word' thing) it sounds so snooty, as if I should say it with a french accent and have some amazing story to follow. To call him my 'boyfriend' almost feels shameful, like I don't want people to know I have a 'fiance', but so much easier than following with 'Oh yes were getting married...in August...we've been together for however long, we want kids in..." blah blah blah life story. Maybe this is somehow connected to my not liking the whole 'what do you want to be when you grow up' issue, being they both require a 'plan' of some sort, at least in your answers to people. I am sure this goes with the whole process, and by the time I like using the word fiance I will then have to use husband, and Anderson-a topic to be covered in a future blog.
On the flip side, the well wishes and happiness shared with friends and family during this time is something I will always cherish. My maid of honor , Randi, and long time friend, Sondra, threw me my first bridal shower over the weekend. It was small and relaxing, just what i've been needing. I feel with the craziness of planning the wedding itself, I have yet to actually enjoy my engagement. This weekend was a nice little eye opener that being engaged is not a full time job, without benefits.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! So happy for you!!! Being engaged is a weird thing, I agree. It felt easier not to say anything, except to those that were a) invited to the wedding and b) already knew my situation. It would've been easier being one of those attention whores who can't stop talking about themselves. As proud as I was to become a wife (to Chris) I still felt awkward, like I always wanted to grow up and then had no idea how good I'd be at it when the time came. In my humble opinion, you will be an amazing wife, as you are amazing at all things you do :)

    ReplyDelete